Slow Days Are Often Quiet

Hello once again, we meet to talk about the events in the my life that have occurred since my last blog post. Truth be told, it has been slow since then, but in my head that’s ok. I’ve mostly been working on my final script and starting up college. Sometimes we really need slow and low moments in life, they help to embiggen the faster and happier moments.

 


First and possibly most relevant to the blog, I’ve been working on my final piece. Without giving too much away, my piece is mostly about memories. I was first brought to the idea when I read a “scientific” article on how a vampires immortality would effect their memory, and realistically it would a lot. Our memories do fade in elderly age and we start to remember things more episodically unlinear than linear. Our minds do just begin to fail, for lack of a better word.  I wanted to look into that and how emotionally this affects people.

Next I think it’s important to mention, I’m back at college. Not physically though, but still back to learning. Before the summer I was only checking in with my lecturer and just getting on with the work at home. But now I am actually in online classes with my lecturer and classmates, and it’s weird. It’s the best that we’ve got at the moment, my class is mainly on computers, so we’re quite lucky in that we don’t have to go into the actual building, but it doesn’t feel the same as going in and being with people, I don’t feel as connected.


Andrew Birch

Andrew is part of the Bunbury Banter Young Playwrights Programme 2019-2020

Comments

Popular Posts