Seeing what happens

Well, I have decided I am going for the same kind of blog as last time and I’m just going to speak and see what happens, it’s different and I like it this way :)

I have found writing extremely hard recently I don't want to say that I had like writers block because I am in no way a writer in any shape or form but I can’t think of another word for what was up. I just couldn’t get my idea out and into a word document the words just weren’t there and once I finally got it going I’d manage a few lines and be back to where I started.

It has been a busy few weeks. I have officially enrolled onto my University course online and it took me hours because they would not accept my student ID pictures, so that was fun.  I have had Google meetings trying to figure out how to work the system stuff that we're going to be using, I think it made me more confused to be honest so when I’m not busy, I’m sat on Myday/My hub and a tonne of others trying to figure out what I’m doing. I've been decorating a bedroom, trying to get my first draft of my play done all whilst working so it's been a bit busy and it's only going to get busier as the months go on. 

I've also lost all of my files on my computer, so I have had to rewrite my 1st draft… so I’ve written two drafts, but they are very different to one another. I have basically changed my idea to make to try and make it more dramatic which will hopefully leave an audience asking questions that they may not get the answers for. It’s definitely a very different take on my original idea and it's going to take me a while to get it to somewhere that I’ll be happy with but even after that I'm going to have to continue updating it, I’ll just be editing it a lot and going back to put the knowledge I have gained from workshops into practice.

I don't think that many people have expected what I'm currently writing, I think it went away from what I was expecting of me and I've written about something that I can't relate to it all, I don't think many people can fully relate to what I’ve created which is why I think I really like what I’ve done.  I don't know, it's just I've went away from what I think is safe, try to make it different, yeah, definitely went on a different path and can’t wait to get started on my next draft and work through my notes.

Rachel Anderson

Rachel is part of the Bunbury Banter Young Playwrights Programme 2019-2020

Comments

Popular Posts