Excited To Get Going Again

The past few weeks have a bit of a blur for me, and definitely have not included as much play writing and play reading as I would have liked! Unfortunately, I became unwell with COVID, and resting became the priority for a while.

I sadly had to miss out on attending our most recent workshop, however, I was really grateful to be able to watch a recording of it back and hear all of the wisdom that the playwright Nicola McCartney shared with the group (which will be the subject of my next blog post!)

Since getting better, I have been so looking forward to getting back into my Bunbury Banter routine. I have a stack of plays to read including A Number by Caryl Churchill and Amsterdam by Maya Arad Yasur, and – based on a rave review at our last gathering from another young playwright – I’m going to read Meet Me at Dawn by Zinnie Harris, which is a play I’ve been meaning to read for a long time.

I also have a monologue to write for an upcoming workshop with Morna Young and just generally I am so excited to get going again. 

Eilidh Nurse

Eilidh is part of the Bunbury Banter Young Playwrights Programme 2020-2021

 

Comments

Popular Posts